The Best July 4 Sales of 2015
The fireworks are set to launch. The national anthem is ready to be sung. The country is looking forward to celebrating Independence Day, but there’s one thing left to do: Shop the holiday sales.
If you want to get the most bang for your buck this Fourth of July, check out our guide to the top deals. We’ll tell you where you will and won’t find the best bargains, plus give you a handful of sales to get you started.
Deals That Sparkle
For the best buys in this week leading up to July 4, look for sales on products for the home and backyard.
- Furniture. July is the best month to purchase indoor and outdoor furniture. Accordingly, you’ll find big price reductions on items such as living room pieces and patio sets.
- Summer essentials. Sure, prices on summery items are lowest after the summer season is over, but if you need summer clothes for the remaining warm months, now’s the time to buy. If you wisely avoided purchasing these products when they first hit stores earlier this year, you’ll be rewarded now with an opportunity to snag them at better prices, since these items have been out for a while.
- Sleepwear. Finally, June is known as an ideal time to buy lingerie at a great price. As June wraps up and July arrives, make your final sleepwear purchases before this sale opportunity window closes.
Deals That Fizzle
Not every sale will be a showstopper. Try to avoid products that reach their lowest prices at different points of the year.
- Tech items. You likely won’t find spectacular savings on tech products this July 4. Home gadgets such as TVs and other electronics tend to see their best sales near the end of the calendar year. Try to put off these purchases until then if you can.
- Office supplies. When summer is at its peak, back-to-school season is just around the corner. But hold off on scooping up those office supplies – at least for now. The price tags on popular academic essentials will drop even lower once August rolls around.
- Lawn mowers. One more product to avoid during deals for the Fourth? Lawn mowers. You’ll generally find better prices on lawn care products in August and September.
- Sales That Soar
Now that you know which prices will pop and which deals will be duds, it’s time to hit the stores (or Web, if you prefer cyber shopping).Many major retailers are showing their patriotism with red, white and blue-inspired price cuts this Independence Day. Here are some of the top sales you can shop leading up to the holiday.
- Macy's. The department store is hosting a July 4 furniture and mattress sale with what it’s touting as the “lowest prices of the season” on indoor furniture, outdoor furniture and mattresses.
- Home Depot. The home improvement store’s red, white and blue savings event will have shoppers seeing green with up to 30 percent price cuts on major appliances. Sale prices are valid through July 15 and apply to a selection of refrigerators, washers, dryers and more.
- Best Buy. This retailer is also having an appliance sale. Its 4th of July sale – which runs through July 15 – boasts savings of up to 40 percent on major appliances, including refrigerators, ranges and dishwashers.
- Lowe's. Through July 1, the store is lowering prices on appliances, outdoor furniture and other inventory. Additionally, shoppers who buy a Char-Broil full-size gas grill for $329 or more will receive a $100 Lowe’s gift card via mail-in rebate, while supplies last.
- Michaels. Fourth of July deals aren’t only for major purchases. At Michaels, holiday revelers can stock up on party goods – including napkins, decorations and balloons – for 20 percent off. Visit theMichaels website to browse the full July 4 sale selection.
- Amazon. Online marketplace Amazon is celebrating the Fourth with limited-time price cuts on movies, books, music and more. Visit the website’s Fourth of July section, and check each specific sale item for the deal’s ending date and time.
- Hotels.com. Finally, if it’s travel you’re hoping to score this Independence Day, head over to Hotels.com, where customers who book by July 4 for travel through July 18 can grab savings of up to 50 percent off. Visit Hotels.com for full details.
- Read more: http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my-money/2015/06/29/the-best-july-4-sales-of-2015
- Daniel Kaufman, Pres. & CEO, Reagan Wireless Corp.